On May 16th 1909, the statue of Our Lady of St John was crowned by Mgr. Waffelaert, bishop of Bruges.
There was a special mass at the Grand Place of Poperinge. This mass was graced by a chor of 600 executors.
The coronation of Our Lady is represented by a sun-glass after the altar of Our Lady, and also above the entrence of the church in a sculpture.